How do I get my power turned on?
You can begin the process to apply for service on our Start/Stop/Move Service page. You will be asked to provide the following information:You can begin the process to apply for service on our Start/Stop/Move Service page. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Service address (where the power is to be turned on)
- County, lot and neighborhood information if the home is new
- Home phone
- Alternate phone number (work, etc.)
- Social Security number
- Spouse or roommate name
- Mailing address (if different from service address)
- Effective date you would like service to be turned on
- Description of any access problems such as locked gates, dogs, etc.
Orders submitted up to midnight are eligible for next-day service. Please note that we will not be able to provide next-day service for new service requests requiring installation or other construction work (digging, etc.).
When am I re-eligible for web payments?
Once an account is considered ineligible for web payments, there must be 12 consecutive months of good payment history (no disconnects, late payments or returned checks) before the account is reinstated for web payments.
What happens if my payment returns?
An amount of $20.00 is charged to an account for which a returned check is received. However, a customer’s account will automatically become ineligible for web payments after receiving 2 returned checks in a year. Once this occurs, it is our policy to accept cash, cashier’s check, credit/debit or money order.
Once the returned check has been paid in full using one of the alternate payment methods listed above, the customer can resume scheduling web payments.
When am I charged for a Returned Payment Fee?
The $20.00 is automatically charged when a check is returned due to the following reasons:The $20.00 is automatically charged when a check is returned due to the following reasons:
- Returned Check – Non-Sufficient Funds
- Returned Check – Account Closed
- Returned Check – No Account with Bank
- Returned Check – Other
- Returned Check – Payee Error
- Returned Check – Refer to Maker
- Returned Check – Stop Payment
- Returned Check – Uncollectable Fund
- Returned Check – Account Frozen
- Returned Check – Customer Advises Unauthorized
- Returned Check – Incorrect Account Number
- Returned Check – Invalid ACH Routing Number
- Returned Check – Non-Transit Account
- EFT – Account Closed
- EFT – Non-Sufficient Funds
- EFT – Other• EFT – Refer to maker
- EFT – Uncollectable Fund
- EFT – Account Frozen
- EFT – Customer Advises Unauthorized
- EFT – Payment Stopped
- EFT – Unable to Locate Account
- EFT – Beneficiary Deceased Signature
How much is a deposit for a new service?
$150-electric and $35 – water/sewer with $25 connection fee
How do I terminate my service?
Terminating service requires you to complete and sign the Termination form. Make sure you bring your existing account up to date and list a forwarding address, so you are to receive your final bill. If your final bill is less than your deposit, a refund check will be mailed to your forwarding address.
Do I get my deposit back after terminating the service?
The deposit is applied to the final bill. The remaining balance from deposit is returned to the forwarding address within 30 days.
Can I transfer my utilities service if I don’t have a new address yet?
No, we need to know the address in which we are going to service.
How do the billing cycles work?
Billing cycles are monthly and typically vary between 28-32 days. Currently, we have them grouped to allow for meter reading and payments to be spaced throughout the month.
How do I get an extension?
An Extension form must be submitted BEFORE the due date. Each residential customer can have 4 extensions per calendar year. Applying for an extension allows you to avoid penalties.
How much longer will I have to pay the bill with an extension?
Upon extension approval, you will be granted approximately 8 additional days.
How do I set up a contract?
You will need to call 662-323-3133 to set up an appointment with the Customer Service Manager to determine options.
If my power is disconnected due to non-payment and I pay my bill that day, when will my power be turned back on?
We work to restore service as quickly as possible in the order of payments received. If after hours we will reconnect upon notification and verification of payment. Except in special situations, this occurs until 10 pm.